Action and comedy are the fLavours for Abhishek Bachchan this season.

Abhishek Bachchan is onto some grueling action flicks this season. He is just back from

Greece where he had been shooting for Abhinay Deo’s ‘Game’ which has some slick action

stunts. He is also doing another action flick Ashutosh Gowariker’s ‘Khelenge Hum Jee Jaan

Se’ which has yet more back-breaking grueling action sequences. Then, he has teamed up with

Uday Chopra once again for Dhoom 3.

About his sequel-to-a-sequel Dhoom 3, he says, ‘Dhoom 3 is being scripted. Dhoom is nothing

without Uday and my character. We are the backbone of the film.’

Apart from action flicks, Abhishek is also trying his hand at comedies to be directed by

Anees Bazmi and Vipul Shah. He has also signed in for ‘Dostana 2’.

‘Initially, I was against doing a sequel to Dostana. I couldn’t see how Tarun Mansukhani

could make it funnier. But he said, ‘Let me write the script. You’ll be the first person I’d

narrate it to. If you don’t like it, then I’d throw it away.’ Believe me, Dostana 2 would be

twice as funny as Dostana,’ says Abhishek.

As for the question of choosing action and comedy as the genres, Abhi says, ‘I’m not a

calculating actor. I don’t choose the genres, rather the genres choose me. I follow my

heart.’

He adds, ‘I am impatient. I like to do a lot of work. I’m happy with the zest with which I

work. If tomorrow I want to do only one film a year, I’ll do that. Right now, I’m enjoying

being a prolific actor. How many actors can claim to have done two films as diverse as ‘Paa’

and ‘Raavan’ one after another?